View Profile JauqAr

All 19 Audio Reviews

13 w/ Responses

Fantastic. These hip hop style drums and synths go together amazingly in a way I've never quite heard before, and the track mastering is absolutely fantastic.

I love when there are multiple melodies playing over each other (I wish I knew the exact terminology for this). It gives me an excuse to listen to the song multiple times and not get bored of it. Altogether this sounds epic.

With that being said, there are some sections of the song that appear to lack melodies (1:47-1:53 and 2:11-2:37). Something that doesn't appeal to me very much. If they had some subtle bass melodies perhaps they would've attracted my attention just a bit more.

Lastly, this is more of nitpick than anything, the voice clip saying "Let's Rock!" doesn't seem to fit the song too well in my ears. Perhaps if it said something more related to it's own genre. Alternatively it could have been a voice clip of one of Newgrounds many famous characters like Pico or a Tankman it would've worked really well with it being the Newgrounds Anthem and all.

That's all, I excitingly await the drop of this album.

Thanks and God bless you in your future endeavors,
JauqAr

The melodies and drums harmonize well and are pleasing to listen to. The bass melodies work well, and the track has nice use of stereo speakers/channels. Overall I like it.

The track suffers from some basic repetition, either that or variation is a bit difficult to notice. The various parts could be too similar.

The "TheEyeOfMusiK" audio watermark perturbed me momentarily. Probably due to the fact that it was unexpected, or uncalled for, in a track such as this one. I understand your wish to keep the track safe from copyright infringement, though a different method could've been instilled. Perhaps through the use of lyrics or a single short phrase towards the beginning.

Lastly the end of the song seems to cut out not sure if that was intentional, but I do like it when a non-looping track fades out to complete silence before it ends.

Keep composing, if you claim that this isn't the best track you have in this album then I am candidly curious about what else you have to offer.

Thanks,
JauqAr

Mighty Neato, I could listen to more of this genre. The instruments work well together. Perhaps a little repetitive.

teddygram responds:

Thanks! That's true, it is a bit repetitive, figured it could work with a rapper over it or something though. Thanks for the review!

Pretty good listen. Chords and instruments sound good. I could see it being used for your intention. Could be longer.

madboss responds:

Yes, it could be longer, however I composed this song to work as a trailer song, and those are optimally around 2-2,5 minutes long. So this is why the shorter length. Nevertheless thanks for your rating and your comment, and I'm glad you liked the song!

I enjoyed the song, but I will say that I am not a huge fan of the (Saw Blade?) Instument that starts playing at around 0:28. Don't know what to call that instrument.
Won't let that take off a star however. I rate by quality not opinion. :)

Oh dear!! It seems I have broken the reply button.

I liked every part of it, and hope for more. As a review i would say your song quality is not flawless, but has just enough to make the song sound amazing.

5.125 stars!!!

DJStriden responds:

Poor replay button, hope it gets fixed :( Glad you like the song, I still have much to learn!

Very Nice and Calming,

It helps me focus too :3

DJStriden responds:

Glad you like it! I see what you did there.... -.-

I couldn't pass Level 1 but I somehow made it here. XD
In Opinion I like the whole song. Nothing is wrong with it.
In Review It is well put together. There wasn't a single part that was missing something, and every part fit together like a perfect puzzle.

Good Job!

Great song! ^.^

Now that i think about it, and I have read Evilgrapez review, I too notice that Owl City seems to be very similar. I think the main reason for that is the Electronic Music. Now that lyrics are present the songs sound even more similar. I hope that doesn't make you sound like an idea stealer (from Owl City) I just wanted to point out some similarities.

BTW I like your songs better than Owl Cities :D

Glad you like it!

People have been relating me to Owl City for three years, ever since I started making music. We just happen to be two artist with a similar taste in music production.

Perfect. This has become my new favorite!!! I give you 5 stars.

DJStriden responds:

Oh yay! ^_^ Glad it made your favorites :)

My name is Tim Anfilofieff, online I go by Jauq/JauqAr/JauqGames. I do a bunch of stuff but I mostly develop and play games.

Tim Anfilofieff @JauqAr